Friday, September 26, 2008

Para Que Sirve El Castor Oil

TRIESTE

DSC01665

Trieste, Italy Piazza Unita d'
(photo by Sunday lunchtime)

Trieste, Italy Piazza Unita d'
(Picture taken last Sunday at lunchtime)



I crossed the entire city.
Then I climbed up a slope,
crowded at the beginning, then deserted,
closed by a wall:
a corner where only
sit, and I think that where it ends
the city limits.
Trieste has a sullen
grace. If you like,

is like a tomboy and voracious harsh,
with blue eyes and hands too big
to give a flower, like a love

jealous.
From this height every church, every street
discover, if crowded beach, or
the hill where, on the stony
top of a house, the last one, clings. Around


everything moving at a strange air, air tormenting,
the native air.

My city is alive in every part, has
the corner for me, my life
pensive and shy.


(U. SABA)



DSC01678 DSC01675

The Government Palace


DSC01694bis DSC01696 DSC01694

Palace Gopcevich



A "corner" that love of Trieste: the narrow streets around Piazza Cavana


DSC01689

DSC01685

DSC01686

DSC01687

0 comments:

Post a Comment